WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS EPISODE:
This Jesus Stories episode tells the whole Christmas Story. Did you know that the story begins with Creation? “In the beginning….” From there it proceeds until the baby is born in Bethlehem that is destined to change the world. After he is killed, Jehovah God raises him from the dead giving new life, reconciliation, salvation, and love to all mankind.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:16-17)
MUSIC HEARD ON THIS PODCAST:
This episode contains a lot of music for a Jesus Stories podcast. Here is a list of the selections.
- Joy to the World, by Isaac Watts. Performed by Quincas Moreira Music
- O Come All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles), attributed to John Francis Wade. Performed by the Robert Shaw Chorale
- I Come to the Garden Alone, by C. Austin Miles. Performed by Praise and Harmony TV. https://youtu.be/FxPXJmUqkaA
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel (Veni Emmanuel), M. Neale. Performed by the Robert Shaw Chorale
- Away in a Manger, attributed by Martin Luther. Performed by the Robert Shaw Chorale
- O Little Town of Bethlehem, by Phillips Brooks. Performed by the Robert Shaw Chorale
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing, by Charles Wesley. Performed by the Robert Shaw Chorale
- Why Did My Savior Come to Earth?, by J.G. Dailey. Performed by Margie Mitchell, from the Worship Ministry of the New York City Church of Christ.