Podcast: Play in new window | Download
WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE?
- Jesus curses an unproductive fig tree
- He cleans up the Temple – again
- Religious leaders are looking for a way to kill Jesus but can’t formulate a plan
- Jesus reminds his followers that he will have to die
- Jehovah God verifies Jesus ministry
- The disciples are stunned by a dead fig tree
- Jesus tells them to believe and pray in their belief
- Jesus is challenged to prove his authority for his ministry
- Jesus tells the parable of the disobedient sons
- Jesus tells a parable of the vineyard keeper and his murderous farmhands
- Jesus tells a parable of a wedding banquet no one wants to attend
- Jesus is challenged about paying taxes
SCRIPTURES USED IN THIS PODCAST
WOULD YOU HELP FEED HUNGRY UKRAINIANS?
Jesus Stories is proud to help support a great international cause. And it is really easy for you get involved in this effort. Podchaser is great platform for finding great podcasts for your listening pleasure. We are pleased to be on this platform. Right now, for every review that is left on Podchaser of this or any other podcast, Podchaser will donate 25 cents to World Central Kitchen Chefs for Ukraine effort. What is World Central Kitchen? It is an organization which responds to humanitarian, climate, and community crises to provide means. Their idea? When people are hungry, send in cooks; not tomorrow, today! They currently provide round-the-clock meals at 8 border crossings out of Ukraine. Plus they are supporting restaurants providing meals in Odessa, Lviv, and Kyiv. Plus they are working in the adjoining countries of Romania, Moldova, and Hungary.
So, won’t you leave a review at Podchaser about this podcast? Links are below.
By the way, when you leave a review, I’ll match the 25 cent donation with 25 cents of my own through Podchaser. So, your review will be worth a 50 cent donation to this worthy effort. Come on. Help us feed some hungry people! It’s the work of Jesus!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
EVENTS DESCRIBED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Jesus tells a parable. A nobleman was called away to be crowned king of his land. He leaves some funds to be invested by others. Some do well. Some do not!
- Everyone is looking for Jesus, wondering if he will come to Jerusalem for the Passover celebration
- A party is held in the home of a former leper – Simon – in honor of Jesus. He is honored in a special way.
- The leading priests plot to kill Jesus and Lazarus, too.
- The people welcome Jesus as he prepares to enter Jerusalem
- Jesus rides into Jerusalem on the a donkey – something the disciples of Jesus don’t understand just now.
- The crowd shouts praise as he rides. But, the Pharisees are not happy about the joy.
- Jesus laments the fate of Jerusalem
- Jesus causes a stir as he enters Jerusalem
- Jesus goes to examine the Temple, then leaves for the night
SCRIPTURES USED IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
Reputable agencies who are offering help to the Ukraine with your assistance:
Eastern European Mission: This non-profit (501c3 for IRS purposes) has been working in Eastern Europe since 1961 and has a network of churches and individuals through which to send help to the Ukraine and to the countries accepting refugees.
LCC International University: This University is located in Lithuania and educates people from all over the world. A large percentage of the students are from Ukraine. At this time, they have issues getting to their monies. The University and its staff are working to help them out. This will help those students.
Find us on social media platforms: JS
We’re on most of the podcast platforms. Just don’t forget to subscribe where you listen and leave a rating for us there and on Apple Podcasts.
If you’d like to be a sponsor for this podcast, want to leave a comment or a correction, contact us at email@example.com. Check this link for sponsoring this podcast on a monthly basis.
Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.